Sunday, April 1, 2007

Why Caledon?

For the moment, I'm focusing my efforts on the Victorian-themed sim(s) of Caledon, although probably when my building skills improve somewhat, I'll expand my focus outwards. There's several good reasons for this. First, I'm a roleplayer, and so I prefer something that has at least a distinct and pervasive flavor as opposed to the thoroughly eclectic mainland. Second, the theme is one that intrigues me. I've never been too fond of the whole elves n' orcs scene, much preferring scenarios that have at least some basis in historical reality and which don't offend my sense of logic past all endurance. Third, it's intrigued enough other people that it's well-populated and growing healthily, which should- hopefully- make it easier for me to meet people. Fourth, I'm in awe of the work that some of the current residents have done. Truly gorgeous and ingenious stuff. I haven't seen any other place so far that has all of these qualities, and I've played enough elsewhere to know how rare they can be.

No comments: