Monday, April 9, 2007

Enh! Enh!

Oh, the new profile picture, you might ask?
That would be me, flailing desperately in an attempt to extricate my head from the superstructure of the Caledon Victoria City gazebo. Awkward mishaps are just photo opportunities by another name, I always think.
It was really stuck good and proper, too. Nothing short of teleporting worked to disentangle me. If it weren't for the fact that SL didn't seem to enjoy coping with my waving limbs, and crashed three times to show its displeasure, I'd have stayed there all day. Nothing like a little personal humiliation to break the ice with strangers.
Unfortunately, I dislodged too soon, and found myself standing beside a gentleman with a very fine sword, a Mr. O'(I am compelled by forces beyond my control to insert the SL-hated apostrophe)Toole. But something was lost in the last crash and restart and I came up looking rather... undone. Not willing to conduct a conversation with a face and figure that made me look like an extra from the straight-to-video sequel to Willow, I restarted SL yet again. Alas, by the time I returned, he'd wandered off. So much for innocently admiring his weapon.
In compensation, perhaps, for the lost opportunity, I was privileged to overhear him politely explain to some recently-created lasses* that they were unlikely to find 'amazone' costumes for 'rollgames' around Caledon. The world continually changes, but newbies everywhere remain the same. <3
And really, when I think about it, Amazone sounds like an excellent idea for the name of a shop specializing in feminine armor, doesn't it?


* DISCLAIMER: I HEART THE NEW-ER-BIES AND WANT TO HUG AND CUDDLE THEM AND COLLECTIVELY NAME THEM GEORGE. BUT SOMETIMES THEY MAKE ME GIGGLE. IT HAS BEEN A 16-HOUR WORKDAY. I'M NOT SNARKY (AT PRESENT,) I'M BLUIDY TIRED, MON.



No comments: