Thursday, June 28, 2007

When's Friday again?

The purpose of this blog is not to kvetch about my first life, but allow me to say at least this in response to this week's schedule, which has me working from 7pm until 5am every day but Friday:



MEH.




But at least nobody was depending upon me to be in-game, and so I can bear the bitter, bitter agony of separation rather well. My castle-thing, however, missed me dreadfully. I can tell by its forlorn, bedraggled appearance, which has nothing at all to do with my building skills and everything to do with my neglect. Horrors, there's to be an Eyre simwarming sort of party on Friday, I think, and it's nowhere near ready to show. Can't decide whether I want to prod it into some semblance of unfurnished order, or leave the windmill standing and offer rides that day. Pride versus sanity, and in the end, neither will win, because I'll give in to the former but ultimately fail to complete anything worth showing, and then be forced to settle for the windmill after all. I could use this realization to help me alter my behavior for the better, but I'm just sleep-deprived enough that I will not.


Found the Caledon: The Motion Picture list to be too amusing, and largely accurate (I will not debate what I do not know) and so spent a half-second deciding what lucky actress would have the pleasure of playing Gloire. It would probably have to be Rose Byrne. You know, that undersized Australian girl who tends, at least in my opinion, to choose characters who are ever so slightly unhinged... no resemblence at all on the last point, but she'll do well enough. And she is appropriately not nearly as well-known as anyone on the main list. There's also Rachel Weisz (undersized, English, and unhinged) but I'm afraid that might be forgetting my place.








3 comments:

Gnarlihotep Abel said...

Nice choices! I was a little chagrined by "Kenaeu Reeves, but understand the hair and all, feel more of a Brendan Fraser from The Mummy type. Or Leo in titanic. on stilts. those work.

Gloire said...

Leo could do it! To be honest, a circa-Dangerous Liasons Keanu wouldn't be horrible, but the current one, not quite so much.

Kira said...

I explained the keanu to you, dear!!! goodness... a girl chooses ONE thing spur of the moment... I was thinknig more of the lakehouse/walk in the clouds type keanu.... *sighs